TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We want you to be pleased with the goods that you purchase and with the service that you receive from us. These are our conditions of sale and you should read them carefully as they apply to your order. We ask you to review your order and accept these terms and conditions of sale during the registration process. Please note these conditions of sale are for online customers only.
The supplier of the goods under your order is Mark&Dominic LTD whose registered office is in London ( Company Number 10673571 ). All communications must be made to INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK, by calling +44(0)208 422 7997 .
- When you order goods from us a contract will be formed when you receive a copy of your email order confirmation. If your order is placed over telephone, a contract will be formed once you receive an order confirmation.
- If you want to change your order (including the arrangements for delivery or collection), you must contact us immediately as any changes may delay the delivery of your order. To cancel your order or any part, please see section , 'YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER'.
- If you purchase the same goods under two or more orders, we cannot guarantee that the goods supplied will be from the same batch and be an exact colour match.
Your Account And Passwords
- You are responsible for the confidentiality and maintenance of your personal account information and password. You accept responsibility for all activities which occur under your account and password. It is important that you keep your personal details and password confidential and secure, if you have any reason to suspect that your password has become known to someone else, has been or is likely to be used without your authorisation you should contact us immediately. Mark&Dominic LTD shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage as a failure by you to protect your password or account details.
- Mark&Dominic LTD reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate personal accounts, amend and remove content and cancel orders (at no cost to you).
- Your account contains all of your order history, your delivery details, address book, credit card details and e-mail preferences. You can see and edit any of this information by logging in using your username and password.
- You guarantee that when you register with us as a customer all of the information which you provide is true, accurate and up to date. If any of the information provided changes you must inform us immediately by contacting our online services team INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK or calling +44(0)208 422 7997.
- You must not impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or a name which you do not have authority to use. You must not use the website in any way which will cause or is likely to cause the website to be impaired, damaged or interrupted in any way.
Price and payment
The price for the goods (including any applicable delivery charges) is as set out in the order confirmation. Extra delivery charges may apply, please see 'EXTRA DELIVERY CHARGES'.
You must pay in full for the goods (including any applicable delivery charges) at the time of placing your order.
Ownership in the goods we supply to you will not pass until we have received all sums due and payable by you for or in connection with the goods, including (where applicable) delivery charges.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
- Mark&Dominic LTD is under a legal duty to supply goods that conform to the contract. Where goods are defective or not as described , please see 'QUALITY' and nothing in this section limits your rights where goods are defective or not as described.
- Where you have ordered your goods by internet, e-mail or telephone, under the Consumer Contract (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations you may cancel your order at any time between placing the order and within 14 days after the goods come into your possession (or the last item of a multiple order comes into your possession).This does not apply to:
o Items collected in store
o Goods and services where the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market, and cannot be controlled by the trader
o Goods made to the customers specification or are clearly personalised
o Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
o Sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if unsealed after delivery
o Sealed audio or video recordings or computer software
o Goods that becomes mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
- To cancel call +44(0)208 422 7997., email customer services INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK. You can use the model cancellation form. Collection is free.
- Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.
- Please make it clear when you cancel that you are cancelling under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations.
- Selected upholstery items are made-to-order. These goods are produced only upon the request and confirmation of your order. Any cancellations for made-to-order items will need to be made within 14 days from the date your order was placed, or in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation, and Additional Charges Regulations after which all goods noted as made-to-order on our website will be subject to a cancellation charge of 20% of the price of the goods. This will be deducted from any refund due to you.
- Cancellation must be by the person who placed the order. If you cancel by telephone, we will need to be satisfied that you are the person who placed the order.
- Most deliveries are made Monday to Saturday between 8am − 9pm. Delivery at this rate is only available to mainland UK. Delivery is available to the Republic of Ireland, charges for which can be found in our delivery and returns section. Delivery outside of the mainland UK is subject to the availability of our courier’s service in the area and cannot be guaranteed.
- Smaller home accessories will be made by a standard parcel courier. All deliveries will be made Monday to Friday between 8am - 9pm. Delivery at this rate is only available to mainland UK.
- For Made to Order furniture, we’ll be in touch by text or phone once the finished item has arrived to our warehouse – usually it takes 4- 6 weeks (in some cases it could be up to 7 weeks). At that point you can book a convenient delivery slot online or through our Customer Services team – just ring +44(0)208 422 7997.
- Whilst we deliver to most areas in the UK, we are unable to guarantee delivery, within our usual leadtimes, to certain areas. These include Highlands & Islands, Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Man. Sorry, but we don't deliver to BFPO addresses, the Orkney Islands and deliveries to the Isle of Man are limited to accessories.
- Please note if you order Furniture and standard items, you will receive multiple deliveries from our separate delivery services but you will only be charged once, for the delivery of Furniture.
- At the time of placing your Furniture order, you will have been informed of the approximate timescale for contact by our home delivery company regarding your delivery or collection. For a Furniture item that is in stock, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for delivery of receiving your order. For an item that is not in stock or that is made-to-order, our home delivery company will contact you to arrange an appointment for delivery once we have received that item in our warehouse.
EXTRA DELIVERY CHARGES
- The Furniture delivery service will deliver to room of choice however this is subject to access and Health & Safety guidelines. You must tell us when arranging delivery about any special factors that may result in delivery being more costly and/or taking longer than it otherwise would have, such as parking restrictions, narrow bridges or small entrances.
We recommend reviewing our buying guides before ordering.
Extra charges for delivery may apply in any of the following circumstances:
- If you change the address where your goods are to be delivered at short notice.
- If delivery is more costly and/or takes longer than it otherwise would have because of any special factors that you failed to tell us about.
- If the goods need to be redelivered because of access problems (e.g. small door frames, awkward turns, narrow passages, steps etc) at the delivery address or because the goods would not fit into the room for which they were intended.
- If the goods need to be redelivered because there was no-one at the delivery address aged 18 or over to sign for the goods at the time arranged for delivery.
- If you need to inform us of any special factors regarding your delivery after you have placed and confirmed your order please call Customer Service team on .
For our standard delivery items, you will receive a text message the evening before to confirm your parcel is arriving (as long as you have given your mobile phone number). If you are not available the driver will try to locate a safe location where the parcel can be left. If they are unable to find a suitable and safe location, a card will be left with instructions on arranging redelivery. If delivery cannot be made within 5 days of receiving the card, the item will be returned back to us and a re-delivery fee will apply.
We will let you know if any extra delivery charges are payable and you must pay these charges before delivery or re-delivery (as appropriate) or, if charged after delivery, within 7 days of receiving notice of such extra delivery charges.
For our Furniture products, if we attempt to deliver goods to a delivery address but delivery is impossible or impractical, you may contact us with an alternative delivery address and we will redeliver to that alternative delivery address. However, if we do not hear from you with a suitable alternative delivery address within 7 days of the attempted delivery, then we may cancel your order and deduct a charge for our administration, transit and storage costs which will be no more than 20% of the price of the goods from your refund. Delivery charges will not be refunded.
If delivery proves impossible or impractical on 2 or more occasions because of access problems, the goods will not fit into the room for which they are intended or because there was no-one at the delivery address aged 18 or over to sign for the goods at the time arranged for delivery, then we may cancel your order and deduct a charge for our administration, transit and storage costs which will be no more than 20% of the price of the goods from your refund. Delivery charges will not be refunded.
DELAY IN DELIVERY
Occasionally the delivery of your goods may be delayed by circumstances outside our control. If for any reason we are unable to deliver the goods or to have them ready for collection within the original approximate timeframe then we will notify you of the delay and new timeframe as soon as possible.
If you cannot wait for the goods, you must let us have notice of cancellation from the person who placed the order. If we receive your notice of cancellation as set out above, then you will receive a full refund.
This request must be e-mailed to INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK or you can phone Customer Service team on +44(0)208 422 7997. However Mark&Dominic LTD cannot accept any liability for any losses you incur (including loss of earnings) or for compensation for perceived inconvenience that may be suffered due to any delay.
ARRIVAL OF GOODS
On delivery of your furniture products, you will be asked to sign for the goods and to inspect any upholstery goods that have been unpacked to ensure you accept them. For this reason you should be present at delivery yourself. However, if you do ask someone else to take delivery for you, then you must make sure that they are aware of what they need to do.
Please notify us of obvious defects that are apparent on first inspection of the goods, such as missing parts or damage, within 7 working days of delivery and additionally, wherever possible, by describing the defects on the 'proof of delivery' document you are asked to sign.
For other defects, please notify us as soon as you discover those defects and at the latest within 7 working days of delivery.
You may notify us by e-mail at INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK or by phone on +44(0)208 422 7997. Your statutory rights, in particular your rights under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges Regulations, and Sale of Goods Act are not affected.
You agree that we (or our appointed agents) may examine and test any goods that are claimed to be defective to establish whether those defects are our responsibility.
Where we need to send the goods away for examination and testing, then you will permit us (or our agents) to collect the goods from you for that purpose.
Where defective goods are exchanged, you must allow us to collect the defective goods from you. Please also note that you may have to wait for replacement goods that are non-stock items or are made-to-order.
For self-assembly goods, it is important that you read the assembly instructions carefully as we cannot accept responsibility for any self-assembly goods that are damaged because instructions were not properly followed.
Where it cannot otherwise be established that we supplied any goods that are claimed to be defective, for example because sewn-in labels have been removed, then we may require you to produce proof of purchase.
When we are satisfied that the goods are faulty you will be offered a replacement or full refund of the original purchase price. Nothing in this section affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Changes to your order
Once you have received confirmation of your order, changes can only be made to your personal details up to the point of your delivery being booked with you.
If you wish to make changes to the items ordered, your order will need to be cancelled and a new order placed.
Both may be completed by contacting our Customer Service team by e-mail at INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK or phone on +44(0)208 422 7997.
Changes made to your order after the original confirmation will result in a new approximate time frame for delivery. We will give you an indication of the new approximate time frame once we have confirmed your cancellation and a new order has been placed.
Please note that for made-to-order items, cancellations can only be made in accordance with your rights under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations or within 14 days from the date you place your order, after which it is not possible to cancel without incurring extra charges. Any cancellations after this period would result in a cancellation charge which will be no more than 20% of the value of the goods. This will be deducted from any refund due to you.
To obtain a refund you must take reasonable care of the goods. If you fail to do so we reserve the right to refuse the refund or deduct a charge based on the condition of the goods.
It is not possible to refund made-to-order items unless you cancel in accordance with your rights under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations or they are faulty or not as described, in which case we may ask to review the goods through an independent inspection before a refund is given. Your consumer rights are not affected.
To return items purchased through our website, we will make arrangements for the goods to be collected from you. Please note this will incur a lead-time. Our company will contact you directly to book this in with you.
Goods that have been purchased online cannot be returned to store.
For our standard delivery items purchased through our website, you may wish to follow the returns procedure outlined in the delivery note. Unwanted goods may be returned free of charge under your rights under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations or if we are notified within 7 working days of receipt.
Selected upholstery items are made-to-order. These goods are produced only upon the request and confirmation of your order. Any cancellations for made-to-order items will need to be made in accordance with your rights under Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations or within 14 days from the date your order was placed, after which all goods noted as made-to-order on our website will be subject to a cancellation charge of 20% of the price of the goods. This will be deducted from any refund due to you.
Your refund will be processed as soon as possible and in any event within no more than 28 days of the day you have given us notice of cancellation.
Until the goods are returned to us, you are responsible if the goods are lost, damaged or destroyed. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
We will only make a refund using the same method of payment originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
Where the goods were delivered to a third party and you are unable to return them to us, you may not be entitled to a refund.
All goods are subject to availability. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to supply any goods then you will be offered a full refund or, if available and acceptable to you, substitute goods of equivalent quality and price.
To get the most out of any goods, you should take care to follow the care instructions. The goods we sell are for consumers for general domestic use only and must be used for the intended purpose.
The products delivered are flat packed with instructions for assembling .
Our Customer Service team is trained to provide good service. However, no advice can be given about plumbing, electrics, carpentry, kitchen fitting or any similar professions so if you need advice you should obtain it from a qualified expert at your own risk.
None of our Customer Service team are authorised to advise on whether any goods are suitable for any unusual purpose. If you intend to use the goods for any unusual purpose, then you must make up your own mind about whether the goods are suitable or take advice from a third party.
We will not be responsible for any delay in complying or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions of sale if that delay or failure is due to any circumstances outside our reasonable control including without limitation fire, flood, acts of terrorism or where we are let down by a supplier.
These conditions of sale are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights as a consumer. They are the only terms and conditions that are applicable to your order and take the place of any terms and conditions displayed at the point of sale at any Mark&Dominic LTD store.
You may not transfer your rights under the contract between us to any third party without Mark&Dominic LTD prior written consent.
If any term of these conditions of sale is determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, then such term will be severed from the remaining terms which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If you do not comply with these conditions of sale and we take no action in respect of that non-compliance, our right to take action in the same or a similar situation in the future will not be affected.
In case of any online shopping disputes, please email INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK or call us on +44(0)208 422 7997. Please note these contact details are for online queries only. If your query is not relating to an online issue it will automatically be forwarded to one of our stores for a response and this could delay the response time.
All communications will be in the English language.
These Conditions of Sale and any contract formed in accordance with clause 1 of those Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
When we refer to "you" and "your" we mean the user of the Website and purchaser of Goods.
You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Mark&Dominic LTD. will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Mark&Dominic LTD.
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions, the Goods or the Website please email us at INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK or call us on +44(0)208 422 7997.
We try to make sure that all information on the Website, including descriptions of the Vouchers, and are accurate and correct at all times. However, mistakes do happen. We will try to resolve all information errors on the Website as soon as reasonably possible, and if we reasonably think that such an error has affected your purchase of Goods we will try to let you know. However, because we take these steps we will not be liable to you for any errors on the Website.
Subject to availability. Prices are as displayed in-store and on the website at the time of offer. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers. Offer excludes Home Delivery and gift vouchers.
Store closing offer: Customers who have signed up to receive Mark&Dominic LTD emails will receive a code and expiry date for their preferred Mark&Dominic LTD store via email. Discount valid on full-priced merchandise only and not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Excludes fitted kitchens. Not available on gift vouchers, assembly service or delivery. This offer is limited to one use per customer. No cash alternative. Available online at habitat.co.uk only.
GIFT VOUCHERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions which will apply to your purchase of e-vouchers (the "Vouchers") from Mark&Dominic LTD.
The supplier of the Vouchers Mark&Dominic LTD whose registered office is at 65 Petts Hill , Northolt , UB5 4NS , London (Company Number 10673571). All communications must be made to INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK , call us on +44(0)208 422 7997, These terms and conditions form a legally binding contract between us and you. Your acceptance of the terms and conditions is given when you purchase Vouchers from us. You should read these terms and conditions carefully before buying anything from this Website.
We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions under which the Website and the Vouchers are provided. Any such change in terms and conditions will be effective to all new orders once included in the text of these terms and conditions and published on the Website. You should check the terms and conditions posted on the Website periodically to ensure that you are aware of and comply with the current version.Your Order only constitutes an offer to purchase Vouchers from us, and does not form a binding contract until accepted by us.
On receipt of your Order, we will send you an Order acknowledgement email to the email address which you provide in the Order process. This Order acknowledgement email will contain your Order number, value of Vouchers ordered, email address that the Vouchers have been requested to be delivered to and a delivery date. Note that this email is only to acknowledge that your order has been received, and is not acceptance by us of any offers to purchase Vouchers. We must receive full payment for the price of the Vouchers before we can accept any offers. An offer made by you to purchase Vouchers shall only be deemed to be accepted by us when we send you a confirmatory email confirming that the Vouchers have been delivered. We reserve the right to refuse any offers in an Order prior to acceptance.
If a ‘Voucher’ is delivered with a higher value than the price that was charged to the credit or debit card. Mark&Dominic LTD reserves the right to cancel the Voucher and re-issue the Voucher at the correct purchase price.
A maximum of 10 vouchers can be redeemed per transaction. All prices and charges on the Website are in UK pounds sterling. Where delivery charges apply, these will be displayed in the order process.
All prices are, unless otherwise stated, inclusive of VAT and other applicable taxes.
Vouchers may be redeemed for goods on our website . Vouchers will only be redeemed where a valid Voucher code is used at the online checkout at the point of sale. Mark&Dominic LTD reserves the right to reject illegible or incomplete Vouchers.
A Voucher can be used as full or part payment for goods. No change will be given on Vouchers. If a Voucher is utilised for part payment, a separate Voucher will be issued to you to the value of any remaining balance which can be spent on future purchases. This applies only where the value remaining is greater than our lowest denomination voucher.
The remaining balance of a Voucher and expiry date of a Voucher can be checked at any time by calling The transaction reference on your credit card statement will refer to Mark&Dominic LTD Customer Services. Vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or other gift vouchers and are not for resale.
Vouchers will expire 12 months from the date of their issue, and any remaining balance will be forfeit following expiry of any Voucher.
Mark&Dominic LTD is not responsible for any lost, stolen, undeliverable or delayed Vouchers or any network failures. If you are the purchaser, please double check the delivery email address that you enter – it is your responsibility to do so and we can’t be held responsible if a gift voucher is used by someone other than your recipient if any details are entered is incorrectly. In addition, we can’t take responsibility for any gift vouchers that are lost or used by someone other than your recipient after delivery.
If a Voucher is deleted, or if you should have any other queries concerning Vouchers please call our Customer Service team on +44(0)208 422 7997 or email INFO@MDFURNITUREDESIGNS.CO.UK who will be happy to help.